- SAFELY MOVE AND TRANSFER: For those that need assistance walking, safely assist patients or loved ones while reducing the risk of caregiver injury in a hospital, hospice, ambulance or even at home. Prevents falls during physical therapy, ambulation, or patient transfers.
- SIX ERGONOMIC HANDLES: Transferring a patient or loved one is different every time. Whether the angle, direction, or strength, four vertical handles and two horizontal handles around the circumference of the belt allow you to choose your best leverage point to safely and effectively transfer a patient. The gait belt with handles is a back saver.
- EASY-ON, EASY-OFF: Quick-release buckle securely fastens around the waist with a click and is easily removed, as easy as pushing a button. Gait belt is adjustable to accommodate waists from 28” up to 55”. Universal sizing for all age groups and weight ranges.
- EXCEPTIONAL DURABILITY AND STRENGTH: Assist patients or loved ones with confidence in our product. Strong nylon webbing with reinforced stitching provides exceptional durability and strength.
- COMFORT AND CONFIDENCE: A four-inch-high back provides greater contact area with the patient, preventing roll up and dispersing pressure associated with 2-inch belts. Ergonomic design facilitates easy and safe transfers providing a secure grip, firm control and weight leverage for heavier patients.
It’s not just for the elderly. While recovering at home or in the hospital from a procedure, a patient is unable to walk unassisted and is directed to walk, ambulate, several times a day. Gait belts, otherwise known as transfer belts, facilitate this in two ways. First, it gives the caregiver a way to focus their attention to securely assist and leverage the weight of the patient thereby protecting the attendant from injury. Second, it provides a comfortable and safe way to assist a loved one at home, a patient in the hospital, or resident in a nursing home, to safely ambulate and thereby help them achieve a full recovery. Besides assisting in the recovery of a patient, gait belts are widely utilized by caregivers to assist the elderly to get from point a to point b, in a comfortable and safe manner. Have a safe trip!