- Weatherproof: Made from handcrafted cedar and varnished with weatherproof materials, this bat house can withstand most weather patterns including snow, rain, cold, and heat
- Easy to Install: Our pre-assembled bat house is a secure habitat to keep bats dry and comfortable during their sleeping hours. This house comes pre-assembled and easy to install with it's sturdy hook on the back and can be secured to houses, trees and other locations
- Eco-Friendly Solution: Bats are in important part of nature's ecosystem and a bat house ecourages them to roost in an area that will provide benefits to your environment
- Ideal Roosting Space: No need to summon the bats to your house. If you install your house at a good height off the ground, away from potential predators, bats will come on their own. Bats naturally search for new places to roost every night. The space of our bat house allows for a full colony to roost, and has grooved interiors for them to hang on to. Try and hang your house in an area that gets plenty of sunlight throughout the day and some shade at some point as well.
- SIZE: 15" H x 3.5" D x 9.25" W
Why do you need a house for wanderers of the night?
Bats are creatures that roam during the night, are found on every continent except Antarctica, and play an essential and crucial role in ecosystems ranging from rain forests to deserts. Bats play a significant part in the biodiversity and health of their ecosystems. For example, bats serve as dominant pollinators for various cacti that open their flowers only at night and they eat copious quantities of insects and other arthropods, including mosquitoes.
With increased human interference and footprints in the bats' ecosystem, they have been displaced and forced to move out of their native homes. Now, bats often wander in the cities and suburbs, and so it becomes our responsibility to offer a place for these beautiful and extraordinary creatures of the earth to call home.
This bat house absorbs the most heat and is suitable for cooler climates, as indicated on the map
Suitable for areas that typically average 85° to 95° in July, as shown on the map
This light-colored bat house reflects the most light and is suitable for hot climate areas, as indicated on the map
Multi-Chambered Bat House
The Outer Trails Cedar wood bat house comes in two and three-chamber variations. The two-chambered houses have enough space for up to 60 bats while three-chamber versions have sufficient space for up to 90-100 bats to roost.
Our bat houses have a lot to offer to our backyard bats. The narrow interior dimensions ensure a comfortable and homey environment for your bat guests to land and roost. The compact interior environment promotes heat retention.
Outer Trails bat houses come ready for hanging! This bat house extends a secure habitat to bats and comes with a sturdy hook on the back. Use it to easily secure to trees, poles, or right to the side of a house!
Weather Resistant Coating
Handcrafted using cedar wood and varnished with weatherproof materials, this bat house can withstand weather conditions including snow, rain, cold, and heat. This bat house will last for years, as cedar is naturally resistant to rot and decay.
Houses for Bats. Benefits for People!
· Bats are Natural predators against mosquitoes
A single, average-sized bat can consume over 1000 mosquitoes in an hour! Get ready for a mosquito-free garden and yard!
· Makes the soil and ecosystem healthier
Bat poop is known to be one of the best natural fertilizers. Apart from eliminating mosquitoes, bat poop will make your lawn greener and soil healthier.