- Designed and manufactured in the USA. The original long shank tip for the WES51/WESD51 iron. If you see others with these shapes not made by Virtjoule, they are copy cats. Longer shank than other tips allows you to reach deeper into 3D printed parts and tight corners to install heat-set inserts without touching your iron and melting the plastic.
- Installation tip works better than soldering iron tip since conical tips can catch on the insert and accidentally pull the insert out while melting the plastic and ruining the part.
- Tip sizes include M2, M2.5, M3, M4, and M5. M2.5 is a popular hole size for Raspberry Pi circuit boards. M3 is a popular size for Arduino circuit boards.
- Compact tip cradle included to keep them together when they're not being used.
- Wide size range gives you lots of flexibility to choose the right insert for your 3D printing project.
Heat set inserts are a great way to improve connection strength between 3D printed parts. However, if you have tried to set heat-set inserts in your plastic or 3D printed part with your soldering iron, you may have had the frustration of pushing the insert in only to have it come right back out stuck to your soldering iron and ruining your part in the process. Most soldering iron tips can catch on the rim of the insert causing it to stick on the iron when you pull the iron out. If you use the "horizontal method" it's hard to know the insert is straight. Virtjoule's insert tips have a vertical wall that solves that problem. The iron pulls right out after pressing the hot insert. See videos for demonstration of various methods and tip changing. Because the shoulder is square it's easier to know if the insert is square in the piece, something that's harder to control with a conical soldering tip. The shank is much longer (0.81") and narrower than what you get with some insert tips, allowing you to set small inserts into corners of parts without melting the side of the part. This is especially useful if you're mounting a circuit board in a 3D printed box or doing a mounting that requires the insert to come close to the edge of the part. Compatibility with Weller WES51 irons and some ET-Series tip wands. These tips are 1.6" (40.6 mm) long with the tip portion about 0.81" (20.6mm). There is a 1/8" internal cavity for ceramic heaters. Five tips included for insert sizes M2, M2.5, M3, M4, and M5. **Not tested with every possible soldering iron. Not all Wellers use ET-Series tips. ** Designed, manufactured, and continuously improved in the USA.